- 2 1/2 tbsp Cold-Pressed Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp Unreﬁned Shea Butter (or Cocoa Butter)
- 1 tbsp grated Beeswax
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Starch/Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
- 6 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 6 drops Citrus Essential Oil
- 1 drop Tea Tree Essential Oil (optional)
1. Place coconut oil and shea butter in a glass bowl or jar and set down inside a medium saucepan.
2. Add enough water to the saucepan to surround the bowl/jar without overﬂowing it. Heat gently.
3. As the water heats up, continue to stir the coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax until it melts.
4. Once melted, add the arrowroot starch, baking soda, and essential oils.
5. Place in a 3-ounce jar and allow it to cool at room temperature or in the fridge (will harden more quickly in the fridge) until it reaches a solid state.
6. Cover with lid until ready.
Directions for use:
- For even application, wet underarms slightly.
- Use a wooden spoon or your fingers to scoop out a pea-sized amount.
- Warm it up between your fingers before applying it to your underarms.
- For a regular day, one application in the morning should be sufficient.
- On hotter days, or before a workout feel free to reapply as needed.
With the added Beeswax, this natural deodorant does not have to remain in the fridge. It will stay solid at room temperature.
Note: Some people are sensitive to tea tree oil. Before adding to the mixture, apply a drop to your skin to test for sensitivity. Tea tree oil contains antibacterial properties that help to kill the bacteria in your sweat that leads to a bad odor.